2021 COVID-19 Guidelines at Blackstone River Theatre
Blackstone River Theatre is committed to providing a safe environment for all to work, listen, and enjoy live music. It is our sincere hope that we can ease these restrictions once more progress has been made reducing transmission of the virus. Until that time, we appreciate your patience and your cooperation. BRT will continue to adapt our COVID policy based on guidance provided by the State of R.I., Town of Cumberland, and the CDC regarding the evolving circumstances of the pandemic. By working together we can prevent infections at concerts and classes, and that means we’re all helping to keep live music alive!
By attending a Blackstone River Theatre concert, class, or event you are voluntarily assuming all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
• ALL INDIVIDUALS, regardless of vaccination status, MUST wear a mask covering your nose and mouth while inside the building. Individuals may remove their mask only while actively eating or drinking.
• If needed, complimentary masks will be available as you enter the building.
• Any individual with a medical condition that may require deviation from the current mandate must contact BRT prior to arriving for an event. Non-compliance upon arrival may result in non-admittance.
• Effective Sept. 1, 2021, Blackstone River Theatre will require all staff, performers, instructors, AND PATRONS to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (with last dose administered at least 14 days prior to date of arrival) before they work, or attend performances or classes. Note that a current negative COVID test will NOT suffice for entry.
• Patrons will be asked to show their vaccination card or a photo of their vaccination card before they enter BRT. Patrons will be asked to show proof each time they visit. If a patron is not able to show proof of vaccination they will not be allowed to attend the performance, and their ticket purchase, if pre-paid, will be refunded.
• You can access your vaccination records in RI here: http://portal.ri.gov/VaccineRecord
CAPACITY / DISTANCING
• By requiring masks and proof of COVID vaccination status, there are no restrictions in capacity or requirements for social distancing at this time.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES
- PLEASE stay home when sick or experiencing possible Covid-like symptoms
- Report expected exposure with a person who is COVID-19 positive to: email@example.com
- Practice frequent hand washing and sanitizing
- Blackstone River Theatre has recently installed touchless toilets and sinks as well as touchless sanitizer dispensers on each level
- We will offer only pre-packaged food and drink options
- We will begin offering ticket purchase by credit card in mid-October.
- Air purifiers with HEPA filters run in many rooms 24/7
If you have questions about safety or have a special need to discuss, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Along with our music colleagues across the world, BRT strongly encourages vaccination.