– Continuing/Adv. Beginner Fingerstyle Guitar
– Group Guitar Workshop for Intermediate Players
Banjo classes with Ed Sweeney WILL begin again for a six-week session on September 11, 2021
Please email email@example.com to sign up or with questions.
– Continuing/advanced beginner finger style guitar (6 weeks) Saturdays, September 11, 18, 25 and October 2, 9, 23 with instructor Ed Sweeney
– Group Guitar Workshop for intermediate players (6 weeks) Mondays, September 13, 20, 27, and October 4, 18, 25 at 6:30-7:30 P.M.
Blackstone River Theatre will offer continuing/advanced beginner FINGERSTYLE GUITAR classes with Ed Sweeney on Saturdays, September 11, 18, 25 and October 2, 9, (skip 16), 23 from 11:00 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. This will be small group class geared toward adults or teens age 16-and-up. Fee is $95 per student per six-week session. Minimum three needed to hold class, maximum five. The class is open to continuing / advanced beginners who need help tuning, forming basic chords, changing from one chord to another, and learning basic picking and strumming techniques. We will investigate basic music theory, ear training, and approaches to song accompaniment and students will develop correct posture and hand position, identify the parts of the guitar, learn basic chords and single notes in first position, and more. Participants must bring their own steel-string guitar!
Blackstone River Theatre will offer a Group Guitar Workshop for intermediate level players with Ed Sweeney on Mondays, September 13, 20, 27, and October 4, (skip 11) 18, 25 from 6:30 to 7:30 P.M. This will be a group class geared toward adults or teens age 16-and-up. Minimum 2 and maximum 5 students. Fee is $95 per student per six-week session. Student must be able to switch from standard tuning into a different tuning. Student needs a solid knowledge of chords and changing from one chord to another in rhythm. Everyone will work on their own selected pieces as well as more complex arrangements and exercises that Ed presents to the group. Bring your own ideas and questions and Ed will help with your technique!
HOW TO REGISTER
So we can be assured of meeting the minimum needed to hold any of our class offerings, BRT NEEDS PRE-PAYMENT AT LEAST 3 DAYS BEFORE THE START OF ANY CLASS (and hopefully sooner!) or we'll need to cancel at that time.
If you are interested in any guitar class, please:
1. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register and then,
2. Put a check payable to Blackstone River Theatre in the mail ASAP to: Blackstone River Theatre, 549 Broad Street, Cumberland, Rhode Island 02864