Volunteer to help at the 2023 Blackstone River Theatre Summer Solstice Festival and help us celebrate Celtic and world music, dance and culture! We have about 60 volunteer shifts to fill, and each shift generally lasts 3 hours. We also need to know folks who are available to work on Friday, June 16, on-site for set-up activities and/or Sunday, June 18 IN CASE WE HAVE TO UTILIZE THE SUNDAY FOR A RAIN DATE!
As a volunteer, you will receive:
- Free Festival Admission for Yourself
- A Festival Volunteer T-shirt
- 1 Bottle of Water
In exchange, we'll ask you to work a 3-hour shift on Saturday, June 17 (or Sunday, June 18 if a rain date is needed) where you will have the opportunity to interact with the public and help us make sure everyone has a great time at the festival!
How do I sign up to volunteer?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate what your preferred time slot is and for which activity or if you have no preference. Please also let us know if you can help with Friday set-up and/or Sunday if a rain date is needed!
We will do our best to accommodate your request for time and duty... but jobs are assigned on a first-come first-served basis as well as according to the Festival's needs. We look forward to working with you!
SOME OF THE AREAS WHERE WE WILL UTILIZE VOLUNTEERS:
- Site set-up at Diamond Hill Park on Friday, June 16, from 9 AM to 8 PM.
- Pre-festival publicity/distributing & hanging flyers etc.
- Moving tables/chairs/tents/supplies etc. from the theatre to festival site Thursday late afternoon.
- Posting Festival signage in the park
- Front Gate/Admission area - Responsibilities include collecting pre-paid tickets, selling tickets, handling money, and putting on wristbands (tables and chairs set up under tent cover at this location.)
- Program/schedule distribution - As folks enter the site, the festival booklet/schedule will need to be distributed. (Helpful to know stage layout of Festival as well)
- Band Merchandise Sales - At this area (tables and chairs set up under tent cover), you will sell merchandise and CDs for the festival performers. A great spot for volunteers who work well with the public and are at ease handling money.
- RiverFolk Stage Coordinators - We will need several people over the course of the day to make this stage run smoothly.
- Heritage Stage Coordinators - We will need several people over the course of the day to make this stage run smoothly.
- RiverDance Stage Coordinators - We will need several people over the course of the day to make this stage run smoothly.
- Festival Product Sales - At this tent we will be selling Festival CDs and T-shirts, handing out information on the Blackstone River Theatre, and answering any questions that arise. Knowledge of BRT, the festival and the Blackstone Valley a big plus here...
- Hospitality/artist and vendor and volunteer check-in: This will take place inside the "ski lodge" building at the parking lot entrance. Artists/vendors will check in here and receive all they need to know re: the festival here.
- Parking - Volunteers will be responsible for directing traffic into several parking areas: main, handicapped or entertainers. Parking duties will be two-hour shifts.
- Trash Maintenance/Removal - Duties include ongoing gathering all trash and recyclables and bringing to nearby dumpster.
- Runners - These people are responsible for running on-site errands, carrying messages or items between the LEAD VOLUNTEERS, restocking port-o-johns as needed and basically checking with all volunteer areas to see if they need anything to be done.
- Site clean-up at Diamond Hill Park on Saturday evening between 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- Unloading of all festival materials in U-HAUL into theatre SUNDAY morning, 9-11 AM.