Venue Information / Tech Info
Blackstone River Theatre
549 Broad Street
Cumberland, Rhode Island 02864-6910
Blackstone River Theatre is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit cultural organization.
On performance days or nights, the box office will be open 3 hours before show time.
TEL (401) 725-9272
Web site: www.riverfolk.org
Office hours vary week by week; leave a detailed message and your call will be returned as soon as possible by phone or e-mail.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere within the Blackstone River Theatre! For your convenience, urns are located outside of the front door and handicapped-access entrance.
- The use of cameras or audio/visual recording devices is prohibited without the express consent of theatre management. Management reserves the right to confiscate equipment brought into the theatre in violation of this rule. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please silence all cell phones. Patrons anticipating emergency calls should notify the House Manager.
- Late Seating - Patrons arriving late for an event will be seated at the discretion of the House Manager during an appropriate moment during the performance (during applause).
- Fire Exits are identified by lighted signs throughout the building. In the event of an emergency, walk to the exit nearest your seat or follow the instructions of a BRT staff member. Please familiarize yourself with these exits and the layout of Blackstone River Theatre when you attend a show.
- Please do not walk or climb on the stage for any reason. The stage, backstage rooms and kitchen area is restricted for the use of musicians and staff ONLY.
Blackstone River Theatre is a handicapped-accessible facility.
There is a handicapped-accessible ramp which leads from our parking lot directly to the main concert hall; there is an accesible bathroom on this level. If a member of your party has trouble handling stairs, please use this handicapped entrance. Once seated have a member of your party go upstairs to pay.
Men and women's restrooms are located on the second-floor level.
There is also a unisex handicapped-accessible bathroom off of the lobby on the lower level.
Light food and beverages are available at our concession areas before performances and during intermissions. Please note that food and drink is permitted in the auditorium; however, please be respectful of the audience when eating or drinking (noise really carries in our theatre!) and please discard your trash at the end of the show. Blackstone River Theatre does NOT allow outside food to be brought in to the building!
Blackstone River Theatre does not sell or permit the use of alcoholic beverages on the premises by theatre patrons. If you are interested in serving alcoholic beverages as part of a special event or rental agreement with Blackstone River Theatre, the theatre has to apply for a special one-day Class F (beer and wine) license available through Cumberland Town Hall AT LEAST 45 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT. (This fee will be included in your rental fee).
Venue Technical Information
BRT Sound/Lighting Specs
Performers may direct sound/lighting questions through Russell Gusetti at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mail or send a PDF of your tech sheet/stage layout at your earliest convenience. Blackstone River Theatre's sound is organized by Graham Mellor and either he, Greg Rosche or Mike Danielson will provide sound tech services night of show.
The following is a list of BRT sound equipment.
NOTE: Artists are required to provide their own backline - guitar and bass amps and drum sets.
Please be advised that Blackstone River Theatre is an intimate 165-seat room with excellent acoustics. Amplifiers are generally overkill and drum sets seldom need more than one or two pieces to be miked, if that. The audience space measures roughly 35 feet wide by 45 feet in length. The stage is a small raised proscenium stage (16 feet wide by 12 feet depth). We have professional lighting but offer no follow spots or a lighting technician, just a general 6-spot even wash on the stage and performers with 6 colored LED spots lighting the curtain.
BRT Sound System
Mic Channels have 4 band EQ W/2 Swept Mids
Allen & Heath GL2200 with:
24 mic/line channels
4 aux sends (pre/post selectable)
plus 2 aux sends (pre/post selectable)
4 sub groups
1 DBX Stereo Graphic EQ for Mains
1 DBX Stereo Graphic EQ for 2 Monitor Mixes
1 Yamaha Stereo Graphic EQ for 2 Additional Monitor Mixes
1 Lexicon MPX1 FX Processing
4 Returns Available for 4 separate Monitor Mixes