Blackstone River Theatre is an ALL-VOLUNTEER, nonprofit organization. If you enjoy listening to amazing music and being part of an artistic atmosphere, you've found the right place! As a volunteer Theatre Assistant, you'll not only be helping Blackstone River Theatre put on consistently high-quality programming, but you'll be able to enjoy a great night of music and, more than likely, make some new friends that share similar interests.
We don't need or expect a total commitment from our volunteers each and every week ... however, we ARE looking for volunteers who are able and willing to participate at least one event per month. With the exception of a few specialized jobs, most of the volunteer opportunities do not require special skills. Please let us know, however, if you DO have any special skills that may help us out!
Some of the ongoing jobs that volunteers perform at BRT include:
- General clean-up/maintenance BEFORE and AFTER each event
- Running small errands / shopping during the week and also day of event
- Staffing ticket, concession and artist merchandise areas
- Lawn care, gardening, exterior maintenance/landscaping, shoveling
- Ongoing interior maintenance and renovation (painting etc.)
- Working special daytime or weeknight public / private events
- Distributing posters/flyers: One of the primary and least expensive ways we advertise our shows is by posting flyers in local businesses or message boards where flyers are accepted.