|2013 SUMMER SOLSTICE FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER|
Volunteer to help at the 2013 Blackstone River Theatre Summer Solstice Festival and help us celebrate Celtic and world music, dance and culture! We have about 100 volunteer shifts to fill, and each shift generally lasts 3 hours. We also need to know folks who are available to work on Friday, June 21, on-site for set-up activities and/or Sunday, June 23 IN CASE WE HAVE TO UTILIZE THE SUNDAY FOR A RAIN DATE!
As a volunteer, you will receive:
In exchange, we'll ask you to work a 3-hour shift on Saturday, June 22 (or Sunday, June 23 if a rain date is needed) where you will have the opportunity to interact with the public and help us make sure everyone has a great time at the festival!
- Free Festival Admission for Yourself
- A Festival Volunteer T-shirt
- 1 Bottle of Water
How do I sign up to volunteer?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate what your preferred time slot is and for which activity or if you have no preference. Please also let us know if you can help with Friday set-up and/or Sunday if a rain date is needed!
We will do our best to accommodate your request for time and duty but jobs are assigned on a first-come first-served basis as well as according to the Festival's needs. We look forward to working with you!
Volunteers are at the heart of the success of a festival of this size and we truly appreciate the opportunity to work with all of you!
SOME OF THE AREAS WHERE WE WILL UTILIZE VOLUNTEERS:
- Site set-up at Diamond Hill Park on Friday, June 21 from 9 AM into early evening.
- Pre-festival publicity/distributing & hanging flyers etc.
- Moving tables/chairs/tents/supplies etc. from the theatre to festival site Thursday night and Friday morning.
- Posting Festival directions/signage
- Front Gate/Admission area - Responsibilities include collecting pre-paid tickets, selling tickets, handling money, and stamping hands to keep track of who has paid (tables and chairs set up under tent cover at this location.)
- Program/schedule distribution - As folks enter the site, the festival booklet/schedule will need to be distributed. (Helpful to know stage layout of Festival as well)
- Band Merchandise Sales - At this area (tables and chairs set up under tent cover), you will sell merchandise and CDs for the festival performers. A great spot for volunteers who work well with the public and are at ease handling money.
- YoungFolk Stage Coordinators - We will need several people over the course of the day to make this stage run smoothly. ALSO, two stage managers needed (4-hour shifts.)
- RiverFolk Stage Coordinators - We will need several people over the course of the day to make this stage run smoothly. ALSO, two stage managers needed (4-hour shifts.)
- Heritage Stage Coordinators - We will need several people over the course of the day to make this stage run smoothly. ALSO, two stage managers needed (4-hour shifts.)
- RiverDance Stage Coordinators - We will need several people over the course of the day to make this stage run smoothly. ALSO, two stage managers needed (4-hour shifts.)
- Hospitality/Festival Sales - At this tent we will be selling Festival CDs and T-shirts, handing out information on the Blackstone River Theatre, and answering any questions that arise. Knowledge of BRT, the festival and the Blackstone Valley a big plus here...
- Hospitality/artist and vendor and volunteer check-in - This will take place inside the "ski lodge" building at the parking lot entrance. Artists and vendors will check in here and receive all they need to know re: the festival here. Food and drink for the performers will be available here as well.
- Parking - Volunteers will be responsible for directing traffic into several parking areas: main, handicapped or entertainers. Parking duties will be two-hour shifts.
- Trash Maintenance/Removal - Duties include gathering all trash and recyclables and bringing to nearby dumpster.
- Runners - These people are responsible for running on-site errands, carrying messages or items between the LEAD VOLUNTEERS, restocking port-o-johns as needed and basically checking with all volunteer areas to see if they need anything to be done.
- Site clean-up at Diamond Hill Park on Saturday evening between 6-8:30 p.m.
- Unloading of all festival materials in U-HAUL into theatre SUNDAY morning.